Automatic Transmission Fluid
Mobil ATF 3309 is an exceptionally high performance lubricant that meets original equipment manufacturers’ specifications for use in certain slip-controlled lock-up automatic transmissions.
Features and Benefits
The unique formulation of Mobil ATF 3309 is designed to provide excellent lubrication of transmissions in specified slip-controlled lock-up automatic transmissions. These outstanding performance capabilities translate into significant operational benefits, including:
- Excellent lubricating characteristics for quiet operation and smooth shifting in approved transmissions
- Controlled friction properties for smooth and efficient transmission of power across all normal temperature ranges
- Helps to control transmission shudder and provide excellent vehicle driveability
- Helps to extend transmission life based on excellent wear control
- Long fluid life based on excellent oxidation resistance
- Excellent viscosity stability (high viscosity index) to help assure adequate lubrication without excessive thinning in severe high-temperature service or thickening at low starting temperatures
- Resistance to foaming
- Superb protection against rusting and corrosion
- Compatibility with synthetic rubber seal materials
Mobil ATF 3309 is recommended for use in transmissions requiring fluids of JWS 3309 or GM 9986195 quality levels. It is also recommended for service fill applications where Toyota T-IV or T4, T-III or T3 are called for. Please refer to the owners’ manual for proper fluid requirements.
Specifications and Approvals
|Mobil ATF 3309 meets or exceeds the requirements of:|
|VW TL 52540-A|
|According to ExxonMobil, Mobil ATF 3309 is of the following quality level:|
|Toyota Type T-IV|
Check with your dealer or owner’s manual
|MOBIL ATF 3309|
|cSt @ 100ºC||7.1|
|cSt @ 40ºC||33|
|cP @ -40ºC (-40ºF)||13,000|
|Flash Point, ºC||›185|
|Pour Point, ºC||‹ -45|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.