Mobilux EP 0, 1, 2, 3, 004 and 023 products are a high performance family of four general-purpose industrial greases and two special-duty semi-fluid greases. These lithium hydroxystearate greases are formulated to provide extra protection against wear, rusting and water washout. They are available in NLGI grades ranging from 00 to 3, with base oil viscosities ISO VG 150 and 320.
Mobilux EP 0, 1, 2 and 3 greases are recommended for most types of industrial applications including heavy-duty applications where high unit pressures or shock loads are present. These greases provide excellent protection against rust and corrosion and resist water wash-out which makes them particularly suitable for equipment where moist or wet conditions are common. Mobilux EP 0 and 1 are suitable for centralised systems. Mobilux EP 2 and 3 are general-purpose greases. The recommended operating temperature range is from -20ºC to 130ºC but they may be used at higher temperatures if the lubrication frequency is increased accordingly.
Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases they can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in gear cases, chain cases, etc. because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. The recommended operating temperature range is -20 to 120ºC for Mobilux EP 004 and -20 to 120ºC for Mobilux EP 023.
Features and Benefits
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and have demonstrated good performance in the areas of corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and high temperature service life. A Timken OK load of 40 lb illustrates their load carrying and extreme pressure capability.
• Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading and vibration for good equipment reliability and availability
• Protection against rust and corrosion and resistance to water washout for equipment protection and good lubrication even in presence of water
• Extended bearing life potential in wet environments for reduced bearing costs and unanticipated downtime
• Good pumpability in centralised systems (Mobilux EP 0 and 1)
• Effective leakage control (Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023)
• Mobilux EP 0 and EP 1 provide good low temperature pumpability and are suitable for centralised lubrication systems and other applications where low temperature performance is required.
• Mobilux EP 2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
• Mobilux EP 3 is a stiffer NLGI grade 3 grease recommended for applications where maximum protection against penetration of water or solid contaminants is required.
• Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases on most underground mining machinery with the exception of electric motor gearings. Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in equipment such as gear cases, chain cases, because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. Mobilux EP 004 passes the SEW 1008 hour gear test requirement DR.EM.203 mod.
Specifications and Approvals
|This product has the following approvals:||MOBILUX EP 0||MOBILUX EP 1||MOBILUX EP 2||MOBILUX EP 3||MOBILUX EP 004||MOBILUX EP 023|
|SEW-Eurodrive PS C Gears||X|
|This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:|
|DIN 51825:2004-06 – KP 1 K -20||X|
|DIN 51825:2004-06 – KP 2 K -20||X|
|DIN 51825:2004-06 – KP 3 K -20||X|
|DIN 51826:2005-01 – GP 000 G -20||X|
|DIN 51826:2005-01 – GP 00 G -20||X|
|DIN 51826:2005-01 – GP 0 G -20||X|
Properties and Specifications
|Property||MOBILUX EP 0||MOBILUX EP 1||MOBILUX EP 2||MOBILUX EP 3||MOBILUX EP 004||MOBILUX EP 023|
|Grade||NLGI 0||NLGI 1||NLGI 2||NLGI 3||NLGI 00||NLGI 000|
|Base Oil Viscosity of Greases @ 40 C, mm2/s, AMS 1697||160||160||160||160||160||320|
|Dropping Point, °C, ASTM D2265||190||190||190||190||0||0|
|Four-Ball Extreme Pressure Test, Weld Load, kgf, ASTM D2596||250||250|
|Four-Ball Extreme Pressure Test, Weld Point, kgf, ASTM D2596||250||250||250||250|
|Four-Ball Wear Test, Scar Diameter, mm, ASTM D2266||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Four-Ball Wear Test, Scar Diameter, 40 kg, 1200 rpm, 1 h, 75 C, mm, ASTM D2266||0.5|
|Penetration, 60X, 0.1 mm, ASTM D217||370||325||280||235||415||460|
|SKF Emcor Rust Test, Distilled Water, ASTM D6138||0-0||0-0|
|SKF Emcor Rust Test, Distilled Water, Bearing 1, ASTM D6138||0||0||0||0|
|SKF Emcor Rust Test, Distilled Water, Bearing 2, ASTM D6138||0||0||0||0|
|Timken OK Load, kg, ASTM D2509||40||40||40||40||40||40|
Health and Safety
Health and Safety recommendations for this product can be found on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) @ http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.