Mobilube Syn LS 75W-90 is a fully synthetic, limited-slip gear lubricant that been formulated from synthetic base oils and an advanced additive system. It is designed for use in light and heavy duty drivetrains, it provides excellent load-carrying capability in axles and final drives where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected Mobilube Syn LS 75W-90 provides outstanding thermal and oxidation stability, high Viscosity Index (VI), extremely low pour point, and low-temperature fluidity. Mobilube Syn LS 75W-90 is suitable for service fill use in many limited-slip hypoid differentials.
Features and Benefits
Today’s technology has vastly improved the performance capabilities of heavy duty on and off highway equipment of load, torque, speed, control and reliability through innovative drivetrain designs. These designs have changed and increased the requirements of drivetrain fluids to deliver higher performance including limited-slip capability, increased productivity, and reduced operating costs. For heavy duty final drives, friction control, wear protection, thermal stability, shear stability, rust and corrosion protection, and seal protection are features that must be optimally balanced to provide extended gear and seal life, smooth operation, fuel economy and high load high torque capability over a wide range of applications. Mobilube Syn LS 75W-90 is engineered to deliver exceptional performance and low total lubrication-related operating costs in many modern heavy duty final drives requiring limited-slip capability. The key potential benefits include:
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Exceptional thermal stability and resistance to high temperature oxidation||Long gear and bearing life due to minimal deposits|
|Long seal life|
|Outstanding protection against low speed/high torque wear and high speed scoring||Increased load-carrying capability.|
|Contribution to reduced maintenance costs and long equipment life|
|Exceptional shear stability||Retains viscosity and film strength under severe operating conditions to help prevent wear|
|Enhanced frictional properties||Helps to improve fuel economy and reduce operating costs|
|Outstanding low temperature fluidity versus mineral oils||Contribution to reduced wear and ease of start up|
|Good resistance to foaming||Maintains film strength for reliable lubrication|
|Compatible with typical automotive seals and gaskets||Minimum leakage and reduced contamination|
Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in:
- Heavy duty manual transmissions, axles, final drives, and service-fill application in many limited-slip differentials requiring API GL-5 performance
- On highway light and heavy duty trucks, busses, and vans
- Off highway industries including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture
- Other heavy duty industrial gear drives including hypoid and worm gears operating under conditions where high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low speed/high torque conditions prevail
- Initial fill, top-up or refill of differentials, final drives, transfer cases and other gear applications where lubricants meeting API GL-5 , multipurpose, or automotive-type extreme pressure gear lubricants are recommended
- Recommended for equipment such as winch reduction gears and crawler vehicle propulsion gear drives that are exposed to sub-zero temperatures
- Not recommended for applications requiring API GL-4 Level performance
- Not intended for automatic, manual, or semiautomatic transmissions for which engine oil or automatic transmission fluids are recommended.
- Where extended service intervals and warranties are required.
Specifications and Approvals
|Mobilube SynLS 75W-90 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry specification:|
|Mobilube Syn LS 75W-90|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||94.2|
|cSt @ 100ºC||14.0|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||153|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-48|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||214|
|Density @ 15ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052||0.88|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office or via the Internet, or will be provided by seller to customers if and as legally required. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.