High Performance Synthetic Hydraulic Oil
Mobil SHC™ Hydraulic EAL fluids are high performance biodegradable synthetic hydraulic oils for modern hydraulic systems. The fluids are designed to meet the demand for environmentally acceptable hydraulic lubricants. Mobil SHC Hydraulic EAL fluids are exceptionally high quality, wide-temperature, shear-stable hydraulic oils with controlled low-temperature pumpability properties and maximised anti-wear protection for hydraulic systems operating under high load and high pressures.
*Energy efficiency relates solely to the fluid performance when compared to ExxonMobil’s standard hydraulic fluids. The technology used provides up to 3.6 % efficiency compared to Mobil DTE 25 when tested in a Eaton 25VMQ vane pump under controlled conditions in accordance with applicable industry standards and protocols. Efficiency improvements will vary based on operating conditions and application.
Features and Benefits
- Meets requirements for EU Ecolabel, Blue Angel, SS 155434 and USDA BioPreferred®.
- Outstanding load-carrying and anti-wear properties which protect system components against wear and scuffing and help provide long equipment life.
- Shear stable high viscosity index helps sustain component protection over a wide temperature range.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability that can help reduce maintenance downtime and costs by contributing to system cleanliness and deposit reduction, enabling long oil and filter life.
- Excellent demulsibility ensures ease of water removal in below waterline applications.
- Good elastomer compatibility; works well with same elastomers used with conventional mineral hydraulic oils.
- In systems where readily biodegradable and minimally toxic fluids may be required.
- Hydraulic applications where a reduction in energy consumption is desired.
- Circulation systems containing gears and bearings where mild extreme-pressure characteristics are desired.
- Systems containing servo-valves, where cleanliness is essential.
- Hydraulic systems operating with oil temperatures in the range of -17 °C (1.4° F) to +93 °C (199° F).
- Mobile, marine and forestry equipment operating in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Circulation systems operating under mild to moderate service conditions.
- Industrial hydraulic systems where leaked or spilled fluids could get into plant effluent.
Specifications and Approvals
|Mobil SHC Hydraulic EAL meets or exceeds the requirements of:||32||46||68|
|DIN EN ISO 15380 HEES||X||X||X|
|Blue Angel (RAL-UZ 178)||X||X||X|
|Swedish Standard 155434 AAV Environmentally Acceptable||X||X||X|
|HOCNF Norways-NEMS, Black||X||X||X|
|Mobil SHC Hydraulic EAL has the following builder approvals:||32||46||68|
|Parker Denison HF-1||X||X||X|
|Parker Denison HF-2||X||X||X|
|Parker Denison HF-6||X||X||X|
|Eaton Brochure 3-401-2010||X||X|
|Mobil SHC Hydraulic EAL||32||46||68|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||31.1||43.3||71|
|cSt @ 100ºC||6.2||7.7||11|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||152||149||144|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97 (maximum)||-33||-33||-27|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||282||298||292|
|Density @ 15 ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052||0.936||0.93||0.923|
|FZG Scuffing, ISO 14635-1, A/8.3/90, Fail Stage||10||11||11|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contact office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.