Mobil SHC Pegasus™ is a new category of advanced technology natural gas engine oil designed to provide today’s high output, low-emission four-cycle gas engines with the highest levels of protection with the added potential benefit of fuel consumption reductions. Mobil SHC Pegasus is the latest addition to the technologically advanced line of Mobil Pegasus natural gas engine oils that offer high performance, long service life and improved productivity.
Mobil SHC Pegasus uses a patented combination of high quality base stocks and advanced additive technology to deliver exceptional oxidation stability, nitration resistance and thermal stability, which in turn provide the opportunity to extend drain intervals by up to three times that of conventional gas engine oils. The formulation of Mobil SHC Pegasus has been carefully balanced to provide outstanding anti-wear characteristics to protect heavily loaded valve train components, pistons, liners, bearings, and gear trains while maintaining compatibility with catalytic converter materials. Its detergent-dispersant system controls the formation of carbon and varnish deposits to minimize oil consumption and maintain engine cleanliness even during extended drain intervals. Extended drain intervals can translate to lower operating and maintenance costs.
Fuel can be one of the largest expenses in any application. Mobil SHC Pegasus offers the opportunity to reduce fuel consumption. Extensive and statistically validated independent laboratory testing, bench testing and field testing demonstrated that Mobil SHC Pegasus helped reduce fuel consumption by up to 1.5% compared to a standard natural gas engine oil.*
Together with ExxonMobil application and engineering expertise, Mobil SHC Pegasus can help users keep their engines running longer and cleaner with improved reliability, reduced oil consumption, and reduced fuel consumption, helping to increase productivity and reduce environmental foot print.
* – The fuel efficiency of Mobil SHC Pegasus relates solely to the fluid performance when compared to ExxonMobil’s standard SAE 40 natural gas engine oils. The technology used in Mobil SHC Pegasus demonstrated up to a 1.5% increase in fuel efficiency compared to Mobil Pegasus 1005 and 805 series when tested in standard natural gas engine applications under controlled conditions. Efficiency improvements will vary based on operating conditions. The energy efficiency claim for this product is based on test results on the use of the fluid conducted in accordance with all applicable industry standards and protocols. In case of queries, please consult TechDeskEurope@exxonmobil.com
Features and Benefits
Mobil SHC Pegasus is a leading member of the Mobil SHC brand of advanced performance industrial lubricants that enjoy a reputation for innovation, technology leadership and high performance capability.
Mobil SHC Pegasus offers the following features and potential benefits:
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Reduced Fuel Consumption||
Patented technology proven to provide up to 1.5% reduction in fuel consumption compared to standard natural gas engine oils*
|Extended Oil Life||
Improves oil drain interval; reduces number of oil changes, fewer oil purchases, creates less waste oil and labor to help lower operating costs and increase engine availability Increased engine availability enables higher productivity
|Keep Clean Performance||
Helps control deposits in combustion chamber and piston ring zone to maximize engine efficiency and reliability Helps control deposits in heat exchangers to maximize heat production
Low Oil Consumption
Low oil volatility helps minimize engine and exhaust system deposits to help extend catalytic converter life and extend intervals between heat exchanger cleanings Helps reduce make up oil additions and lubricant purchases
High Level of Wear Protection
Helps control wear on critical engine components Maintains engine reliability and performance
Mobil SHC Pegasus is designed for use in:
- Turbocharged, naturally aspirated, medium to high speed four-cycle engines requiring a low ash oil
- Lean-burn and stoichiometric four-cycle engines operating under high load, high temperature conditions
- High-speed four-cycle gas engines used in cogeneration applications
- Natural gas fueled engines equipped with catalytic converters
- Gas engines operating on fuel that contains low levels of H2S. Consult OEM for specific fuel gas and oil drain interval recommendations
Specifications and Approvals
|Mobil SHC Pegasus is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in the following applications||Mobil SHC Pegasus|
|Mobil SHC Pegasus has the following builder approvals:||Mobil SHC Pegasus|
|Waukesha Commercial Quality Natural Gas APG 1000 Approval||X|
|Mobil SHC Pegasus|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|mm²/s @ 40ºC||65|
|mm²/s @ 100ºC||10.5|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||162|
|TBN, mg KOH/g||5|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-42|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||255|
|Density @ 15.6 ºC, ASTM D 4052, kg/l||0.842|
|Sulfated Ash, wt% ASTM D 874||0.5|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.