Gas Engine Oil
Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 is a premium performance gas engine oil intended for the lubrication of all classes of gas engines operating at low, medium and high speeds where low ash or ashless oils are recommended. It provides outstanding engine cleanliness and performance by helping to prevent the formation of carbon and ash deposits on pistons, in ring belt areas, on exhaust and intake ports, on valves and valve stems and in combustion chambers. Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 also reduces the potential for port carboning of two-cycle gas engines. It minimizes engine wear and protects valve faces, seats and guides of turbocharged, four-cycle engines. Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 provides exceptional protection against scuffing in demanding engine applications and also provides excellent protection against corrosion of internal engine components. Filter and oil life can be extended and the high performance capability of the Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 can also help to extend the time between engine maintenance and overhaul periods.
The Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 is the latest generation of ashless detergent and anti-scuff gas engine oil formulated from highly refined base oils and an advanced technology additive system. It is engineered to provide a high level of chemical and thermal stability resulting in cleaner engines and higher engine performance. Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 provides exceptional cleanliness and optimum wear protection in the most severe applications, without the disadvantage of increased ash deposits.
Features and Benefits
Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 provides outstanding performance in both two- and four-cycle gas engines making it a good choice for all applications where ashless and low-ash oils are recommended. Its advanced additive system protects high BMEP engines against scuffing, scoring and wear particularly during critical break-in periods. This performance can help to provide long engine life and low maintenance costs. Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 has demonstrated outstanding performance over an exceptionally wide range of engines and operating conditions. Where mixed engines are in service Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 provides a single product which simplifies inventory and reduces the potential for product misapplication.
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Outstanding Oxidation Stability||Longer engine and oil life
Extended filter life
|Advanced Technology Very Low Ash Formulation||Lower levels of port carboning (two-cycle engines)
Reduced valve and combustion chamber ash and carbon build-up
Longer spark plug life
|Outstanding Anti-wear and Anti-scuff Protection||Less engine wear
Increased engine life
Excellent break-in protection for high BMEP engines
|Exceptional Nitration Resistance||Less engine sludging
Improved filter life
Reduced engine deposits
|High Level Corrosion Protection||Protects engine components against corrosive wear
Longer engine life and lower maintenance costs
- Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 is recommended for the lubrication of the crankcase, power cylinders, and compressor cylinders of spark-ignited, two- and four-cycle gas engines operating on clean fuel.
- Ideal for engines that drive generators for power production or gas compressors in gathering, transmission, storage, and distribution of natural gas.
- Ebulliently cooled gas engines
- Engines in remote locations which operate virtually unattended for long periods. In many cases, the engines are operated at, or in excess of full-rated output, while other applications are intermittent or stand-by service. Reliability, is therefore essential.
- Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 shows excellent results in multipurpose applications, particularly involving highly turbocharged engines requiring anti-scuff protection for cylinder liners and piston skirts.
- When natural or petroleum gas is being compressed and is dry and free of suspended liquids or corrosive components, the compressor cylinders usually are lubricated with the same oil as the engine crankcase. Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 has been successful in this service.
Specifications and Approvals
|Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30 recommended for use in applications requiring:|
|Ashless or low-ash gas engine oils|
|Outstanding anti-scuff protection|
|Wide range of mixed gas engine designs|
|Mobil Pegasus 801 SAE 30|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40º C||85|
|cSt @ 100º C||10.0|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||97|
|Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874||0.13|
|Total Base #, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896||2.2|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-15|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||238|
|Specific Gravity 15.6º C/15.6º C, ASTM D 1298||0.886|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.