Mobil Delvac™ 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 is a fully synthetic drivetrain lubricant engineered to meet demanding performance requirements including Scania STO 1:0, Scania STO 2:0 A and API GL-5. This product is designed for use in heavy-duty drivetrains that require gear lubricants with relatively high viscosity and excellent load-carrying capability and where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected. Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil incorporates synthetic basestock and advanced additives providing significant advantages over mineral gear oils.
The state-of-the-art technology in Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 excellent performance for wide temperature range application, helps to protect against thermal degradation and oxidation and contributes to reduced wear and corrosion, improved shear stability and fuel economy.
It is formulated to provide an inherently higher viscosity index using synthetic base oils providing stronger film strength at higher temperatures than mineral oils. This technology also ensures effective lubrication at below freezing temperatures without channelling.
Features and Benefits
Today’s technology has vastly improved the performance capabilities of heavy-duty on and off-highway equipment in terms of load, torque, speed, control, and reliability through innovative drivetrain designs. These designs have markedly changed and increased the requirements of lubricants to deliver this higher level of performance, increase productivity, and reduce operating costs. For heavy duty drivetrains, friction control, wear protection, thermal stability, shear stability, rust and corrosion prevention, and seal protection are features that must be optimally balanced to contribute to extended gear and seal life, smooth operation and high load high torque capability over a wide range of applications and operating environments. The key benefits include:
Exceptional thermal stability and resistance to high temperature oxidation
Long gear and bearing life due to minimal deposits
Outstanding protection against low speed/high torque wear and high speed scoring
Increased load-carrying capability.
Exceptional shear stability
Retains viscosity and film strength under severe operating conditions to prevent wear
Outstanding low temperature fluidity versus mineral oils
Reduced wear and ease of start-up
Good resistance to foaming
Maintains film strength for reliable lubrication
Compatible with typical automotive seals and gaskets
Minimum leakage and reduced contamination
Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in:
- Heavy duty manual transmissions, axles and final drives requiring API GL-5 and Scania STO 1:0 & 2:0 A performance
- On highway light and heavy duty trucks, busses and vans
- Off highway industries including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture
- Other heavy duty industrial gear drives including hypoid and worm gears operating under conditions where high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low speed/high torque conditions prevail
- Differentials, final drives, transfer cases and other gear applications where lubricants meeting API service GL-5, multipurpose, or EP gear lubricants are recommended
- Equipment such as winch reduction gears and crawler vehicle propulsion gear drives that are exposed to severe low temperatures
- Not recommended for applications requiring API GL-4 Level performance
- Not intended for automatic, manual, or semiautomatic transmissions for which engine oil or automatic transmission fluids are recommended
Specifications and Approvals
Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry and builder specifications:
Scania STO 1:0
Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 has the following builder approvals:
Scania STO 2:0 A
Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40ºC
cSt @ 100ºC
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270
Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92
Density @ 15°C kg/l, ASTM D 4052
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office or via the Internet, or will be provided by seller to customers if and as legally required. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.