Jenbacher N Oil 40 is a high performance gas engine oil formulated for current & next generation of Jenbacher natural gas engines. It has been designed as a major component of the engine, in close cooperation between INNIO Jenbacher(1) and ExxonMobil engineers.
With more than a hundred thousand hours of accumulated field data from long term monitoring in more than 100 units, the formulation of Jenbacher N Oil 40 engine oil has been confirmed to provide 2 times(2) extended oil and filter life and reduced life cycle costs (LCC) of up to 30% compared to other typical approved gas engine oils(3). Specifically developed and carefully validated new used oil limits have been released by INNIO Jenbacher for this product to provide extended and reliable oil drain intervals.
Jenbacher N Oil 40 can help users keep their Jenbacher engines running longer and cleaner(2) with improved reliability, excellent alkalinity reserve and retention, resulting in increased productivity.
Jenbacher N Oil 40 is approved for the whole range of Jenbacher natural gas engines – Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 6 and Type 9.
For latest approvals, refer to INNIO Jenbacher’s technical instructions TA 1000-1109 & TA 1000-1108 which can also be found at http://innio.com/engineoil (internet) or https://customer.innio.com/en/ (intranet for signed-in users only).
Features and Benefits
Jenbacher N Oil 40 can help(2):
• Provide extended oil and filter life up to 2 times longer than standard intervals through outstanding oxidation stability combined with extended condemning limits for used oil analyses
• Reduce Life Cycle Costs (LCC) by up to 30%
• Provide excellent valve protection through improved dry lubrication properties that result in less valve recession
• Ensure clean engine components through enhanced dispersion properties and soot handling
• Control high temperature deposits due to excellent solvency properties
• Consolidate lubricant inventory across operations, as Jenbacher N Oil 40 can be used across the entire Jenbacher portfolio of natural gas engines
(1) INNIO and Jenbacher indicate a trademark
(2) Actual benefits can vary depending upon the type of equipment used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used. Extended used oil and filter life is based on normal use of the product, as described in the technical instructions from INNIO Jenbacher.
(3) See Jenbacher N Oil 40 performance profile on www.JenbacherNOil40.com
All Jenbacher natural gas engines – Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 6 and Type 9.
Properties and Specifications
|Pour Point, °C, ASTM D97||-18|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100 C, mm2/s, ASTM D445||13.2|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D2270||111|
|Ash, Sulfated, mass%, ASTM D874||0.6|
|Total Base Number, mgKOH/g, ASTM D2896||7.4|
|Flash Point, Cleveland Open Cup, °C, ASTM D92||269|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40 C, mm2/s, ASTM D445||114|
|Density @ 15.6 C, g/cm3, ASTM D4052||0.88|
Health and safety
Health and Safety recommendations for this product can be found on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) @ http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx
It cannot be guaranteed that the product information given above is up to date. For the latest version of the Product Data Sheet we refer to the product library of ExxonMobil.